to why you are unable to connect to the wireless network even after pressing the correct button. Sometimes you may find your WPS pin not working hindering all the important work you need to perform with your printer. In such a case, a simple change in your printer network settings or a simple way of troubleshooting your router can help. So, here we have bought this article for you with simple techniques to restore your connection.
How To Perform Resetting Of The Printer Network Settings?
You must be wondering: Why is my WPS pin not working even after entering the correct one? One of the reasons for this issue can be that you have some pre-set settings that are not allowing your printer to connect to the Wi-Fi.
Here we have shown how to change settings for various types of printers.
Printers without LCD
If you have a Deskjet, All-in-one, or Inkjet printer, perform the following steps:
- Click on the cancel button to disable sleep mode.
- Then, press and hold the cancel button and wireless button together for at least 3 seconds.
- No further step, your network settings will be reset automatically.
Printers with LCD
Printers with LCD require you to perform only two steps given below:
- Go to the ‘Wireless Network Settings’ menu.
- Then select ‘Restore Network Settings’ to reset it.
Tango/Tango X Printers (without LCD)
Users having Tango/Tango X printers need to follow the below-mentioned steps to perform network settings reset.
- Look at the back of your printer, you will see a Wireless button there.
- Press and hold the button for around 5 seconds.
- Release the button when you see a rotating blue color edge lighting.
How To Troubleshoot The Router Issues?
If you find your WPS pin not working, your router is probably creating some issues. Here are a few simple fixes to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi router.
- Reconnect to the Router: Switch off your router and wait for a few minutes. Then switch it back again and try connecting it to your device by pressing the WPS button.
- Connect with a different device: Connect your Wi-Fi router to a different device to check if the issue is in the connection or your device. If another device gets easily connected, the router isn’t to be blamed. In that case, there must be a problem with your system.
- Change your Wi-Fi channel: Sometimes, your Wi-Fi channel may be busy due to other Wi-Fi users in your area. As a result, your network performance may become unreliable disabling you to connect to the Wi-Fi. To improve the connection, change your Wi-Fi router channel manually from the settings.
- Reset your Router: If you are unable to connect to the Wi-Fi even after rebooting or restarting your router, choose to reset it. Search for the reset option in your router’s settings, it will restore your router to default settings.
Now you have seen all the simplest ways to reset your printer and troubleshoot your Wi-Fi router. Follow these processes if you face the WPS pin not working issue or other types of errors while connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi. If every technique fails, don’t hesitate to contact your Internet Service Provider to resolve the connection problem at their end.