For a flawless emailing experience, Gmail is the first priority of users across the globe because it has all those features which people look for in an email client. But, have you ever thought about what you would do if your favorite email app suddenly stops working. Despite giving you a smooth emailing experience, sometimes, Gmail users also face technical glitches while using it. One of the issues that are continuously faced by users is Gmail keeps stopping and won’t load emails.
Thus, to commence our discussion on this topic, first, we will have a look at how we can fix this issue on an Android device. Followed by this, we will cover up the same issue in reference to iPhone, Google Chrome, Mac, and Windows 10.
Smart ways to fix Gmail app keeps crashing on Android
If you tried opening Gmail recently on your Android smartphone and the app keeps crashing, then the troubleshooting ways given below would help you in coming out of this problem:
- The very first thing you can do if Gmail keeps stopping on Android is to go to the Play Store of your phone, search for the “Gmail” app, and click on the “Update” option to install the latest version of Gmail.
- Now, we would suggest you clear the cache of the Gmail app you have on your phone from the Apps Settings of your device.
- Remove your account from the email accounts list on your phone and then log in to your Gmail account one more time.
- There is also a probability that your device does not have enough storage to accommodate the updates of the Gmail app. Thus, delete unnecessary data from your phone.
Hacks to fix Gmail keeps stopping on iPhone or iPad
Is Gmail not working on your iPhone/iPad? Try these hacks and you will be able to use Gmail once again:
- Primarily, you can begin by removing and re-adding the Gmail account to your iPhone/iPad once again.
- Users can also go to the Gmail website and check out if there are any alerts for Gmail users. Just go to the Alert menu and check why you can’t access your account.
- If you are using the Gmail app, try logging in through the Gmail website and check the list of devices that are associated with your account. If you find a suspicious device in the list, remove it immediately.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Gmail app from your iOS device and see if Gmail keeps stopping.
Fix Gmail crashing error on Google Chrome
- You can fix the Gmail keeps crashing issue on Chrome just by making sure that your device is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Now, you are supposed to ensure that the Chrome browser you are using is available in its latest version
- Some users have found out that clearing the cache also helps them fix the Gmail keeps stopping issue on Chrome
- Try logging in to your Gmail account through the Incognito (Ctrl + Shift + N) window.
Gmail keeps crashing Windows 10 and Mac Laptop
When you discover that Gmail Not Receiving Emails on your PC, then the first thing you need to do is check your Mac or Windows 10 PC and ensure it is connected to a stable internet connection. If that doesn’t fix this problem, check if your PC is low on RAM. Some programs including Gmail need the devices to have enough RAM for them to run. If that is not the problem, probably, there is something wrong with the browser through which you are trying to access Gmail.
This troubleshooting guide has been exclusively created for those users who were having difficulty while accessing their Gmail account on their devices- Android, iPhone, Mac, and Windows. By following these hacks, you shall be able to load, send, or receive emails from your Gmail account. By applying these tricks, Gmail keeps stopping should no more be a hurdle for you.