Lenovo webcam or the camera is an integrated part of Lenovo laptops and PC which is designed to facilitate the video conferencing needs of the users. But, with the passage of time and some internal or external factors, you might see that your Lenovo camera or webcam not working. So, if you are also facing the same issue, do not worry. There is a solution to every problem and your solution to fix camera issues with your Lenovo device is right here.
Why is my Lenovo Webcam or camera not working?
- You might have disabled the camera feature, press F8 on our keyboard to enable it
- In case you could see a blurry image, it means there is not enough light in your room
- Some anti-virus or firewall settings might be restricting it
- The camera enabling/disabling physical slider is towards the off position
- You have turned on the ‘Privacy Mode’ for your camera
Methods to fix the issue with Lenovo camera
Step 1- locate the camera slider and turn it on
To begin, you must check if your device is having a built-in camera or not. Then, look for the slider and verify that it is towards the On position. If it is not, then drag this slider to enable the camera.
Step 2- Enable the camera using the function keys
If you see a cross over the image of the camera when you try to use it, it means that your camera feature has been disabled. To enable it, you just need to press the ‘F8’ key on which the camera icon is imprinted and your camera will be turned on. You can simply apply this method to Lenovo products such as – ThinkPad, IdeaPad, ThinkCentre, and IdeaCentre.
Step 3- inspect the privacy settings
- On your Windows 10 device:
- Open the Settings menu
- Go to the Privacy section
- Open the ‘Camera’ menu from the ‘App permissions’ list
- Scroll below and turn the toggle towards the ‘On’ position for ‘Allow apps to access your camera’
Step 4- Disable the privacy mode
If you have installed ‘Lenovo Vantage’ on your device, then you can check the privacy settings in it:
- Go to the dashboard of Vantage and head to its menu at the top
- Now, navigate to the ‘device’ section and tap on ‘My Device Settings’
- On this page, go to ‘Display & Camera section’
- Navigate to the ‘Camera settings and locate the toggle for ‘camera privacy mode’
- If you see this toggle in the green color or towards on, then click on it to turn it off
- As soon as you do so, it will turn to grey color and would be shown disabled
Step 5- check the camera settings in the Device Manager
- Open the ‘Device Manager’ on your Lenovo PC
- From the list of installed and running programs, find out your camera
- If it is displayed with the down arrow, it means the camera is off
- In case it is off, right-click on it and select ‘Enable’
- If you don’t see your camera given in the list, then check it in the ‘Cameras and integrated camera’ list
Note: the same solutions are applicable if your Lenovo yoga camera not working windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to turn on Lenovo easy camera windows 10?
- Tap on the ‘Start’ menu of your Windows 10.
- In the ‘Search’ box, type ‘Lenovo’.
- Then, click on the ‘Settings’ of Lenovo.
- Tap on the ‘Camera’ icon to open its settings.
- Scroll down to find the ‘Privacy Mode’ option.
- Turn off the privacy mode and restart your device.
How do I restart my Lenovo camera?
- Open the ‘Device Manager’ on your Lenovo’.
- Go to the ‘Imaging’ devices section.
- Find the ‘Easy Camera or Integrated camera’ option.
- Right-click on the given camera option.
- Uninstall the camera and restart your device.
Why is my Lenovo integrated camera not working on Zoom?
Your Lenovo camera might not work with the Zoom application if the privacy mode is turned on in the ‘App permissions’ of the camera. Make sure you disable the privacy mode or find the physical switch for the camera and drag it towards the on position while you are using the app.
What does it mean when your Lenovo laptop screen goes black?
The most obvious reason for your Lenovo laptop’s screen going black is the faulty battery or problem with the power supply. In this scenario, what best you can do is replace the battery as soon as possible with a genuine Lenovo battery. But before that, you should make some checks such as using another charger or using the same charger on another laptop and checking issues with the power source.
If the steps given above were not helpful, then you must try to use the camera in another application other than the one in which you are trying to open it such as Skype, Facebook Messenger, Line, etc. Apart from this, there could be a possible hardware failure which can be fixed by contacting Lenovo.