This blog-post is all helpful for those who have been facing issues with their laptop speakers and could not get any audio output from their device. This is one of the common issues faced by HP, Dell, Asus, Acer, as well as Lenovo laptop users. However, this issue is not as intense as you might think it to be. You can always perform some checks and try some solutions to fix the issue as quickly as possible. You can continue to read on this write-up if you are also a victim of this problem.
Potential causes behind no sound on Windows 10 laptop
- There could be a problem with the audio you are playing
- Or, there is a hardware failure issue
- The problem can also arise due to a problem with the software
- The audio peripherals such as headphones or speakers might not be working
- A new device update might not be compatible with the old audio drivers
- Problem with the sound card software
Easy solutions to fix no sound on computer/laptop
Now that we know that the reason for laptop speakers not working could be one of the reasons mentioned above, we shall try to fix these problems by using the following instructions.
Check the volume level
Certainly, you have turned down the volume of your device or have muted it accidentally. In case there is a physical button on your laptop to mute and unmute or increase and decrease the volume, then you should use that button to see if this is the case. Else, click on the speaker icon on your Windows 10 taskbar and check the volume level. If it is down or mute, then raise the volume bar or tap on the mute option to unmute the sound. In case of any peripheral audio devices, you must check their sound level too and see if you are still unable to listen to any audio.
Try using headphones/earphones
If you have performed the above procedure, but that has failed to help, then you must try plugging your headphones/earphones and check if you can listen to any audio or not. If your headphones are giving sound, then most probably there is a fault with the speakers of your laptop. So, to fix issues with your laptop speakers, you need to take them to its service center.
Try switching the audio output devices
In case you have been using a USB audio device with no speakers, then you will face this problem because this makes Windows think that there are no speakers attached to your device. And, you will eventually face sound issues with your windows 10 laptop. To fix this issue, use this method:
Navigate to the Taskbar of your Windows.
- Right-click on the ‘speaker’ icon.
- Click on the ‘Open Sound Settings’.
- Then, select ‘Audio preferences’.
- Next, click ‘Manage sound devices’.
- Now, choose your output device.
- And, then tap on the ‘Test’ button.
- Do the same for each audio device.
Check the connected cables
You must check the connections you have made by using the cables. Also, check the connection of speaker, cables, jacks, and other audio output peripherals.
- Run the Audio troubleshooter
- Click the ‘Start’ button.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Select the ‘System’ option.
- Tap on ‘Sound’
- Then, tap ‘Troubleshoot’.
Most probably one of the above-given solutions would help you fix the issue. However, if you still could get any audio output from your device, then you must check for the available Windows update and install them if there are any. You can alternatively update the audio driver as well or perform a system restore in the end.