Despite being the most popular printer brand, sometimes HP printers create issues while printing your document. Many user experiences issues while printing their documents through HP wireless printer. It is very important to fix your HP wireless printer, whenever it is in an error state, or gives you some error.
Whenever you experience that your HP wireless printer is not working properly, try to find the exact reasons behind the problem and proper troubleshooting method to fix the issue. You might have tried to connect your WiFi printer to the network in your home, but there are some instances when it may not work properly. This situation may leave your printer stubbornly off the grid and need to bring in a working state at the earliest. Check out the detailed article to identify common causes and troubleshooting methods to fix HP Printer Wireless not working problem.
What Makes HP Wireless Printer Not Working Properly?
There are many reasons that may bring your HP wireless printer in an offline state whenever you try to print anything. Given below are some important causes of this problem:
- Any problem with the Wi-FI with which your printer is connected.
- Printer job might go in ‘Queue’.
- Printer might not be set as ‘Default mode’.
- Outdated or corrupted printer driver
- Low ink cartridge or low ink toner of your printer.
How do I Fix HP Printer Wireless not Working?
You can opt for any of the following methods to fix HP wireless printer and to bring it again in online state:
Method 1: Check the Basics
There are some basic things that you must check before moving to advanced troubleshooting steps. All you have to ensure is:
- Check if your printer is powered ON and is properly connected to your computer or other devices.
- Make sure that the printer’s toner and paper tray are properly inserted. Also, check there is no document in the printer queue.
- Check whether your printer is properly connected to Wi-Fi. Also, ensure that your printer to keep at the place where it gets the best Wi-Fi signal without any interference.
- If you have updated your browser, operating system, security software or firewalls, recently, then you may experience problems while connecting to your printer. In such a case, try to again connect your device to the network, and/or install the latest updated drivers.
Method 2: Set Your Printer as The Default Printer
It’s important that the printer you’re trying to connect to a WiFi should be set as the default one. You can follow the steps given below to set your printer as the default one:
- Go through Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
- Then, click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your printer and select the “Set as default printer” option from the context menu. Click Yes (or OK) from the prompted window to confirm the action.
Method 3: Run The Printing Troubleshooter
You can even run the printer troubleshooter to fix the HP printer wireless not working problem. For this:
- Navigate through Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer icon and select Troubleshoot option. Then, the printing troubleshooter will identify if there is any problem and fix problems by connecting your printer with the system.
OR, you can go to the search box on the taskbar and type Printing problem, and then click on the Run Troubleshooter option to download the printing troubleshooter. And then, click on the Open button and follow all the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.
Method 4: Restart All Your Devices
A simple restart can help you to fix any software-related issues with your wireless printer and even helps you to establish a connection between the printer and the system. The wireless printer, computer/other devices, router, wireless access point (WAP), and modem all should be properly restarted in order to connect to the internet.