HP Printer Assistant is an essential part of managing all the activities related to your HP Printer. Whether it is setting up your printer for the first time, scanning documents, printing them, or anything related to the ink cartridges, the printer assistant is one such program that makes your printing life much easier. But, several users have ended up with a question that why is HP Printer Assistant not opening or stopped working?
There could not be a worst nightmare than this for those users who use hp printers on a regular basis. Therefore, this write-up will help you understand this situation in a clear way and guide you to troubleshoot this problem.
What is the HP Printer Assistant software?
All hp printer users consider it to be print management software that helps them manage everything that happens with their printer. As we have already mentioned in the previous section, HP Printer Assistant makes the scanning and printing operations of an HP Printer much easier. This software not only regulates your printing tasks but takes care of your ink cartridge needs by ordering ink supplies for you before you run out of them. If you find out HP Printer Assistant to be missing from your device or not in a working condition, then you should download it by following the directions given below.
HP Printer Assistant Download Windows 10
While you install the HP Printer driver on your system, the HP Printer Assistant gets downloaded along with it. But, if you could not find it, apply these steps:
- From your Windows 10 browser, go to Official HP Drivers and Software Download
- On the product identification page, select “Printer”
- Type your printer model number and click “Submit”
- Verify if the correct operating system is select
- You can also change the operating system to Windows 10 if needed
- Click “Download” present just below the “Driver” option
- Choose the preferred installation method
- The HP Printer Assistant will also get downloaded with the printer driver
Hope the reinstallation helps fix the HP Printer Assistant not opening or stopped working issue.
Do we have HP Printer Assistant for Mac?
HP Assistant is available only for Windows-based devices but fortunately, there is similar full-featured software for MacOS which works the same as HP Printer Assistant. Whenever you download HP Printer drivers on your Mac device, the driver installs “HP Utility” as its print management software.
HP printer problems and solutions
If you have any print-related issues with your printer, then they can be easily fixed by using the HP Printer Diagnostic Tools. But, if the problem is more specific or grave, you can try using hp solution center using which you would definitely come out of the HP Printer problems.
- HP Printer not printing
- WPS pin not working
- HP Printer offline
- Printer-related errors
- Problem with the cartridges
- Not getting fine prints
- HP Printer Assistant not opening or stopped working
- Sometimes, reinstalling the printer drivers is the only solution
- Do not use dried out or incompatible ink cartridges
- Use HP Printer Assistant to fix issues
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the stable internet
- Keep cleaning the paper feeder
- Install the printer driver updates on your device
How to fix printer issues after updating Windows 10?
Your device undergoes some major changes after you have installed operating system updates on it. But the real problem arises when you start facing issues with the programs available on it. Therefore, if you are also facing printer issues after updating Windows 10, try out these tips:
- Experts suggest users should Power Cycle their printer in such a scenario. To do so, simply unplug your printer, let it stay idle for 30 seconds, and then power it on after plugging it back in.
- Another thing you can do is check whether your printer is connected to the internet or not.
- Go to HP’s driver download page and reinstall the printer drivers.
- One more suggestion given by experts is to restart the print spooler.
In the end, all we can say is no software is free of problems. Thus, if you find out HP Printer Assistant not opening or stopped working, then the best way to fix it is to reinstall the printer assistant. This can be only done by installing the latest printer drivers on your Windows 10 PC or Mac.