There are many common errors that you may encounter while using your HP Laptops. One of the common issues that many users have experienced is the ‘HP laptop black screen.’ Mainly, the issue is due to corrupt files in your system and this prevents your operating system to function properly. Whenever your HP laptop screen goes black, try to resolve the issue at the earliest. In this blog, we have mentioned few common causes and troubleshooting methods that you can try to bring HP laptop again in working state.
What Causes HP Laptop Black Screen?
Wondering why my HP laptop screen is black when I turn it on? If yes, don’t panic. Let’s check common causes of the HP black screen problem from the below-mentioned points:
- Outdated or corrupted Operating system
- Graphic card might be separated from the motherboard
- Faulty seated RAM
- Dead screen Inverter
Quick Steps to Troubleshoot HP Black Screen of Death Issue
Here are some most prominent methods that you can try to fix HP Laptop Randomly turns off issue. Apply these methods at your convenience until your laptop starts working properly.
Method 01: Hard reset your laptop
There might be some hardware-related issue that is causing the HP computer black screen issue. In such cases, remove all the hardware attached to your device to check whether this fixes the issue. All you have to do is:
- First of all, shut down your HP laptop or desktop.
- Remove all the cables, hard drive, battery, or any peripheral device attached to your system.
- Now, keep pressing the power button for a minute and then release it.
- Again, attach the battery to your laptop and check if it is charging properly.
- At last, reboot your system and check if this resolves the issue.
Method 02: Update Graphics Driver
Mainly the HP laptop preparing automatic repair then black screen issue can be resolved by updating the Graphics driver. Search for the latest version of the graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website and then install them into your system. For this, visit the official HP website and select your laptop model and download all the relevant drivers. Once downloaded, install them in your system.
Method 03: Disable Fast Startup
Another best alternative to fix the HP black screen issue is to turn off fast startup on your device. Fast startup basically prevents your computer from getting a regular shutdown. Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn off the Fast Startup feature on your Windows system:
- Press Windows + X keys simultaneously and select the Control Panel option from the quick access menu.
- Select Power Options and then click on the ‘Choose what the power buttons do’ option from the next page.
- A new window ‘System Setting’ will appear on the screen. Click on the ‘’Change settings that are currently unavailable’’ option.
- Now from the ‘Shut-down settings’, uncheck the box indicating, “Turn on fast startup”, and then press the Save changes button.
- At last, reboot your system and check if the new changes are saved or not. Also, check if the issue is resolved now or not.
Method 04: Restart the explorer.exe process
Sometimes, due to external malicious activity and threats in your system, the explorer.exe process might not respond properly and causes several issues. In such cases, follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the explorer.exe process and resolve the issue:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to launch Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Details tab and scroll down to locate the explorer.exe process.
- Click to select explorer.exe followed by a click on the “End task” button.
- Once you are done with the above steps, reboot your device and check if it resolves the HP black screen issue.
Hope, you know why your HP laptop screen is showing black color. If you are still wondering the exact reasons and proper methods to get the issue resolved, call us. You can also write to us or chat with our technical experts to solve your issue at any time.