Snapchat is one of the most popular platforms that you can use to stay connected with your friends and family. It is very useful to use Snapchat, but sometimes you may face problems while using it on your device. Many iPhone issues encounter Snapchat not working on iPhone issues. When Snapchat stops working for you all of sudden, it is very frustrating. You will be unable to send snaps or even cannot make video calls or group calls from your account. Here, in this article, we have mentioned proper methods that you can apply to fix Snapchat not working issue on iPhones.
Why is Snapchat not Working on iPhones?
There are several reasons why you may be unable to open Snapchat on your iPhone. Some of the common causes are:
- Snapchat app crashing
- Unable to log in to Snapchat
- Cannot connect to the Snapchat server
- Outdated Snapchat application
How do I Fix Snapchat Down or Not Working?
Is Snapchat not working on your iPhone? Don’t worry, we will help you to troubleshoot it. In this section, we have mentioned you can perform to fix Snapchat crashing.
Method 01: Re-open Snapchat
If Snapchat is crashing or not working properly, try to force quit it and then restart it. When you force-quit Snapchat and restart it, all its ongoing processes will be stopped and will open with a fresh start. Follow the below-mentioned steps to re-open the Snapchat app:
- If you are using iPhone with Touch ID, double-press the Home screen. For iPhone with Face ID, open the Home screen and swipe up from the bottom middle.
- Then all the apps currently running on your iPhone will appear. Locate and click on Snapchat.
- After that, the app will be closed.
- Wait for a while and then restart the Snapchat application.
After restarting the Snapchat, check if it is working fine. If the issue still persists, apply the next methods mentioned in this tutorial.
Method 02: Update Snapchat Version
If Snapchat is still not working, it’s time to update the Snapchat app. Updating the app can help you to eliminate bugs and glitches and also make the app more stable. You can follow the below-given steps to update the Snapchat app on your device:
- Firstly, open the App Store.
- Now, type “Snapchat” in the search field. Alternatively, you can click on your account icon, navigate to “Purchased”, and find the Snapchat app.
- Next to the Snapchat name, click the “Update” button.
- Wait till the app is successfully updated. When done, open it and check if the app works properly.
Method 03: Delete Snapchat Cache
Every app that you have installed on your iPhone collects cache. Over time it can accumulate to the extent and affects the app’s performance. If you are facing issues like Snapchat notifications not working on your iPhone, clear the Snapchat cache. Clearing the app cache can help you to troubleshoot many issues with the Snapchat app.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to delete the Snapchat cache:
- Lauch the Snapchat app.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Then, click the gear-shaped icon to open app settings.
- Now, scroll down till you get the “Clear Cache” option, and click on it.
- When a pop-up asking “Clear All Cache?” appears on the screen, click on the “Clear” button.
If this method doesn’t help you to fix Snapchat iPhone not working issue, try the next method.
Method 04: Re-download the Snapchat App
If none of the above methods helps you to troubleshoot Snapchat not working iPhone issue, we recommend you to re-download the app on your iPhone. You just have to delete the app from your iPhone and then download it again from the app store. Follow the below-given steps to re-download Snapchat on your device:
- Locate the Snapchat app on your Home screen.
- Click and hold it till the quick menu appears.
- Then, tap the “Remove App” or “Delete App” button.
- Now, you have to click “Remove” or “Delete” if you want to continue.
- After successfully deleting the app from your iPhone, open the App Store.
- Type “Snapchat” in the search field.
- Click on the cloud icon with an arrow to re-download the app.
- Wait till the app is downloaded on your device. After that, open the app and check if it works properly.
The above-mentioned methods will definitely help you to fix Snapchat not working on iPhone. Also, keep in mind that you should regularly update that application to ensure that your Snapchat runs smoothly. In case, if Snapchat is still not working, check if your network is restricted. In such cases, change your network and check if the connectivity-related issues are fixed.