Nowadays, printers are obviously one of the most useful IT devices that allow users to perform many functions. There are several printer brands, like HP, Canon, Brother, Epson printers, etc that all vary as per their specifications. But there are some issues that you may face while printing your documents. One of the common problems that you may face is Printer not showing up in your device even after proper connection.
You might wonder why is my printer not showing up when trying to print any document or image. Check out this article to know how you can bring your printer to working state. We have mentioned some quick steps that you can try to resolve printer not showing in Windows 10 or Mac OS.
Printer Icon Not Showing In Windows 10 or Mac
The issue of Printer Icon missing can occur with any model of HP, Canon, Epson, or Brother printer. Whenever you face such issue from the Desktop and the printer does not appear on the Devices and Printers screen, you need to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Mainly users claim that the Network printer not showing up windows 10 issues usually appear after updating the OS. This problem can also occur when you upgrade your computer from any previous version to Windows 10 update.
How do I Fix Printer not Showing Up Issue?
If the icon of your printer, especially Brother printer is missing from your device, you need to apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. Some of the common methods that you can apply are given below:
Method 1. Fix Printer Icon Missing from Desktop
If you are facing printer not showing up in google cloud print issue on your desktop, then try to create a New Shortcut to the printer. All you have to do is:
- Type CP in the search box located at the bottom-left corner of your desktop and select Control panel from the list of applications.
- Then, click on View Devices and Printers link.
- Now, right-click on the Printer with which you are facing issue and then select Create Shortcut option.
- Click on the Yes button from the pop-up to create a Desktop Shortcut.
The above-mentioned will help you to bring your printer icon to the Desktop of your computer.
Method 2. Run Printer Troubleshooter
You can also try Window’s built-in printer troubleshooter to fix the Printer Icon is not showing issue in the Devices & Printers screen. Follow the steps given below to run a printer troubleshooter to fix the problem:
- Press Windows + I key simultaneously to open Settings and then click on the Update & Security button.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane of the next screen. Then, scroll down and click on Printer > Run the Troubleshooter from the right-pane.
- Windows will take some time to find what’s wrong with your device and then fix the problems by applying troubleshooting methods.
The whole process usually takes 5-10 minutes of time. Just be patient and wait till the process is successfully completed.
Method 3.: Update Printer Drivers
Updating the printer drivers can also help you to fix any printer-related issues. Just follow the steps given below to update your printer’s driver:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Expand Printers entry from the Device Manager screen. Then, right-click on the Printer with which you are facing problem and click on the Update Driver option.
Then, restart your computer and check if the Printer Icon is visible.
Method 4: Enable Bluetooth Support Service
If you are using wireless Epson, Canon Printer, or any other printer and facing such issue, ensure whether Bluetooth Support service is working properly. Sometimes, the Bluetooth Support service option might get disabled on your computer and need to enable at the earliest. You can follow the steps given below to enable the service:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run prompt.
- Then, type Services.msc in the Run Command window and press Enter or click on OK.
- On the next screen, right-click on Bluetooth Support Service and tap the Start button.
Wait till the services are properly started, and then restart your system and check the Devices & Printers screen.