The Facebook marketplace is a popular forum that offers you to buy/sell products near your locality. This platform is popularly known as your Facebook account is attached to it so there are very few chances of scam or illegal fraud.
But sometimes Facebook Marketplace may not work properly with your Facebook account. This problem may arise due to some issue with the mobile application itself, or there might be some sort of geographical restrictions that makes you unable to access the marketplace. Whenever you encounter issues with Facebook Marketplace, you need to resolve them in order to access its various feature. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common causes and proper troubleshooting methods to fix the Facebook marketplace not loading issue.
What Causes Issues with Facebook Marketplace?
It is very important to know why Facebook Marketplace is not working properly on your device. These technical problems can be due to an account restriction or because of any of the following reasons:
- You must be up to 18 years of age as below that you cannot access Facebook Marketplace from your account.
- You might be in a country that does not allow its citizens to use Facebook Marketplace, as Facebook allows only 70 countries to offer Marketplace.
- You are using the language that is not allowed on the Marketplace. For this, check Facebook policies.
- You’re using the old version of the Facebook app and this can result in conflict with the Facebook Marketplace.
How to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working Issue?
Once you know the exact reason behind the issue, you need to apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. A few of them are given below:
Method 1: Clear the Cache and Temporary Data
If you are using Facebook Marketplace in the system’s web browser and suddenly it stops working, then you should try to clear the system’s browser cache or temporary data. You can follow the steps given below in order to clear cache or temporary data of Chrome browser:
- Open Chrome browser on your computer and click on Profile Picture next to the hamburger menu. From there, click on your Gmail address.
- In the Settings, Window tap the Turn Off button and then click on Hamburger Menu located at the top right corner.
- Click on More tools and then on Clear browsing data from the Sub-Menu.
- Now, choose a time range within which you want to delete temporary files, like the Last hour or All time.
- Select the categories that you want to remove and then click Clear data.
Once the cache and temporary data are successfully deleted, try to use the Facebook Marketplace again, if the problem still persists, apply the next solution.
Method 2: Turn off Third Party Add-ons
Your web browser might be supporting third-party add-ons/plugins/extensions to add new features & functionality to itself. Sometimes these add-ons or extensions may cause issues with your Facebook account. And when Facebook detects any issue with your account, it can limit its access. You can disable Third-party add-ons by following the below-given steps:
- Open Chrome browser in your device and click the Hamburger Menu located at the top right corner. Then, click on More tools followed by Extensions in the sub-menu.
- Select the extension that you want to remove and then click the Remove button.
Once the malicious add-ons, extensions, etc are properly removed, check if the problem is solved, if not try the next solution.
Method 3: Reinstall the Application
You are facing Facebook Marketplace not working issue while accessing the feature on the mobile app, then try to uninstall and reinstall the app. This may solve the problem. All you have to do is uninstall the app and then navigate to the App Store or Play Store and install the application again.
Hopefully, these methods will help you to solve the Facebook Marketplace not working error. If not then try to use the feature on another device to ensure that the problem is with your device.