AOL Mail is one of the various web-supported email services provided by AOL. Nowadays, it is becoming a subsidiary version of Verizon communications. But sometimes, users are facing issues while using their AOL mail account. Many users have complaint about several issues like a frozen loading screen, mail not working properly, and many more. If you are also experiencing any problem, find the root cause of your issue and proper troubleshooting methods to fix the issue at the earliest.
If you found that your AOL account is not working properly on your device then you can easily get your account back by applying some troubleshooting techniques. Here you can check all the potentials methods to fix the issue and so that you can bring your AOL application again in a working state. Sometimes the problem is due to improper installation of AOL application on your phone or your system. You can quickly apply these simple methods to resolve the AOL Mail not working problem.
Common AOL Mail Problems and Their Troubleshooting
There are various types of issues that users face while using their AOL mail account. Given below are some most popular issues and various methods to get out of them:
Problem 1: AOL Mail Down or slow
There are some instances when your AOL Mail become slow or may not respond properly. The status of AOL mail can be checked from http://downdetector.com/status/aol/. If there is any issue, apply the following steps to fix your problem:
- Restart your computer and browser as sometimes the problem can be due to any specific browser.
- Clear the cache, cookies, and browser history of the web browser you are using.
- Disable all the extensions and pop-ups from the browser.
- Ensure that the Antivirus software you are using is not causing the problem.
Problem 2: AOL Mail Sign in Problem
You might be entering the wrong login credentials that make you unable to access your AOL Mail account. There might be some instances that your account has been hacked by someone. In such a case, apply the following steps to fix the problem.
- Go to the link https://www.login.aol.com and click on the Login option to open the AOL Log-in page.
- Enter your username and click on the Next button. Then, you have to enter your account’s password. Tap the “I forgot my password” button if you don’t know your password.
- Now, you have to verify your account as the rightful owner of the account. You can use any of the following options for verification: Via Recovery Phone number/ Recovery Email Address/ Answering Security Question.
After successful completion of the verification process, again login through www.mail.aol.com to check whether you can access your account.
Problem 3: Unable to Send Email from AOL Mail Account
If you are experiencing problems while sending the email from your AOL Mail account, you can apply the following methods to solve the problem.
- Before applying any method, check whether you have a stable internet connection.
- Log out of your AOL Mail account and restart your system. Then, again try signing in to your account.
- If you are unable to send or receive mails in any specific browser, use a different web browser. Sometimes using an old or outdated web browser can create problems.
- Make sure you’re pop-up blocker of your web browser is not creating problems. If they are causing problems, disable them before sending an email.
- Clear the cache, cookies, and browser history of your web browser before sending an email.
- The problem can be due to a firewall. So, disable them to check if it is creating problem.
If none of the above methods have helped you, visit https://help.aol.com/articles/fFix-problems-reading-or-receiving-aol-mail to find other troubleshooting techniques.
Problem 4: AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone
Lots of users find difficulty while using their AOL account on their iPhone. Some are unable to log in to their account in iPhone. And, some claims that they can only view the loading screen, etc. If you are unable to access your AOL mail account on iPhone, apply the following steps:
- Reset your network settings if you are unable to receive emails on the iPhone.
- Activating and deactivating the aeroplane mode for a few moments can also help you.
- There might be some iOS system error.
All the above-mentioned methods will help you to troubleshoot some common issues related to your AOL email account. If you are also facing the logged-in problem even after the correct password or other login details, you can send a tweet to AOL Customer Care for support. Whatever the problem you are facing, find the exact cause of it and the relevant troubleshooting methods to fix it.