AT&T is one of the most popular email service providers and is mainly known for its features and safety. But sometimes, you may face problems while using ATT email services. These errors not only take place with AT&T but also with several other email service providers like Yahoo and Gmail. Every time when you encounter any error like ATT email not working on iPhone, Android, or any other device, you need to find the exact cause of it.
ATT email not working is a common issue and needs to be resolved as soon as possible, especially when you have to send urgent emails. Here, in this guide, we have mentioned all the effective fixes that you can try to bring your ATT email account back to a working state.
What Causes ATT Email Not Working?
There are several reasons why you may experience issues like ATT email not working on Windows and other devices. Some of them are:
- Internet-related issues
- Improperly configured email settings
- Incorrect login credentials
- An incompatible browser can also bother you.
How do I Fix ATT.Net Email Not Working Issue?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix ATT email not working on Android, iPhone, iPad, or any other device or browser:
Method 01: Check Internet-related Issues
Before applying any manual method to fix AOL stopped working situation, check whether your device has an adequate internet connection. Make sure your device has a stable internet connection. If there is any issue, contact the network administrator. If the issue still persists, switch to another internet connection and attempt again to access your ATT email account.
Method 02: Configure Proper Email Settings
If you are unable to send and receive emails from your ATT mail account, then the ATT.net email settings might be wrong. To avoid such an issue, you need to ensure that your device’s email settings are accurate. If not, reset the settings once before accessing your email.
Method 03: Fix Email Programs or App Issues
If you have not upgraded your email security through an email program or app, then issues like att.net email not working may occur. In such a situation, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
- First, check whether your device has an uninterrupted internet connection so you can get all the latest updates on time.
- Make sure that the outbox folder on your ATT email account doesn’t have any mail.
- Configure proper ATT email settings to fix the issue.
Method 04: Re-check Email Login Credentials
In most cases, it is incorrect login credentials that can bother you and makes you unable to access the ATT email account. Make sure you have entered the correct AT&T password and email address. If you’ve forgotten your login credentials or your account has been hacked, you need to reset your ATT email password. Follow the below-given steps to reset the ATT email password:
- Open the AT&T login page and click “Forgot Password.”
- Next, you need to enter your user ID, last name, and then fill the CAPTCHA appearing on the screen. Click ‘Continue.’
- Select the ‘Security Question’ and then answer it. Also, choose ‘Temporary Password’ and receive the code on your registered mail address or mobile number.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to complete the password recovery process.
Method 05: Uninstall any Antivirus
Sometimes the problems with your Att email account arise due to any antivirus program installed on your device. You can uninstall the antivirus application from your device to resolve this issue.
Effective Steps to Fix ATT Email Not Working on iPhone
If you are facing any problems while opening your ATT email accounts on iPhone, then follow the below-mentioned steps to fix your issue:
- Go to the setting of your iPhone and check if everything is OK with your ATT account.
- Log out the ATT account from all the other devices.
- Check if your ATT mail inbox has enough space to receive the emails.
- Try to reset the password of your ATT mail account using the password recovery method.
- If nothing works, re-add your ATT setup to the iPhone device.
Now you are familiar with the exact troubleshooting measures to fix your ATT email not working issue. However, if you are facing any issues even after trying the above methods, feel free to contact the AT&T email support team. The professional experts are always available to guide and assist you in resolving all problems related to ATT email.